Following government orders, Uber will resume its services to customers living in Green and Orange zones from May 4, 2020 (Monday). “Riders will constantly be notified with further information and the status of specific cities through our app,” notified the company.
The Green zone areas are Kochi, Guwahati, Cuttack, Silvassa, Daman, and Jamshedpur.
Strictly following the rules of social distancing, the ride should not carry more than two customers at the same time, other than the driver. The seat next to the driver must also be left unoccupied.
Emphasis on following government guidelines has been made for this zone as well, with special caution to be observed near containment zones.
The cities falling under Orange zone are Coimbatore, Mangalore, Rajkot, Mehsana, Rohtak, Durgapur, Mohali, Kozhikode, Puducherry, Vapi, Thiruvananthapuram, Ghaziabad, Nadiad, Amritsar, Gurgaon, Panchkula, Vishakhapatnam, Dehradun Tiruchirapalli, Hubli, Prayagraj, Udaipur, Bhubaneshwar, Thrissur, and Asansol.
Meanwhile, Uber’s activity in the Red zone stays arrested. “Our services remain suspended in all cities which fall under the Red zone. However, we’ll continue to serve our communities in this zone with Uber Essential and UberMedic,” states the company website.
Uber has listed regulations to be followed while availing its services in the coming days. This is to ensure the safety of its customers as well as drivers.
- If you’re sick, please stay home.
- It’s mandatory to wear a face mask/ covering during an Uber ride. If you sneeze or cough, do so into your elbow or a tissue.
- You can either open the windows for ventilation or ask your driver to switch on the A/C in the fresh air mode only.
- Whenever possible, please use digital payments.
- Please handle your personal luggage and belongings yourself.
- Senior citizens above 65 years of age, persons with ailments, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 are to avoid traveling unless very necessary.